Using Kohinoor’s range of Meals in Minutes is a great way to infuse your brunch with authentic Indian flavours with no stress.
100g Kohinoor Tarka Dal
100g Kohinoor Saag Aloo
100g Kohinoor basmati rice, cooked & cooled (or leftovers)
100g plain flour
1 red onion, chopped
Large handful coriander, chopped
1 chilli, chopped
2 tbsp oil
- Mix together the onion, coriander, and chilli in a large bowl.
- Add the dal and saag aloo. Use the back of your fork to mash the potatoes in the saag aloo, and mix well.
- Add the the flour and rice and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan with the oil. Add two large spoons of the mixture to the pan and fry for 2 minutes.
- Flip the fritter and fry on the other side for 2 minutes and the fritter is beautifully golden.
- Continue this process until all the batter is used up.
- In a large saucepan, heat water to a rolling boil. Using a wooden spoon swirl the water around and break the egg into the ‘whirlpool’. Poach the egg for 4-6 minutes, depending on how you like your eggs. Repeat this process for all 4 eggs.
- When your fritters and eggs are ready, stack them up and serve with the eggs on top.