Turn your every day basmati rice into something special with our saffron rice recipe! By adding the sumptuous aromatics of saffron, you can elevate your rice dish into a real treat. This recipe from Chef Navin serves 4 people and is the perfect dinner party trick!
200g Kohinoor Extra flavour Basmati rice
¼ g saffron
- Wash and soak the Kohinoor Extra Flavour basmati rice in lukewarm water for 30 minutes
- Soak the saffron in 5 tablespoons of hot water
- Heat the oil and butter in a thick bottomed pan
- Drain the rice from the water and add to the pain
- Add the boiling water, salt, and saffron water
- Cook in a medium heat until all the water is absorbed and holes start to form of the surface of the rice
- Place a kitchen towel over the rice and cover the pan with the lid
- Reduce the heat to very low and allow the rice to steam for 6 minutes
- Serve up with some Kohinoor classics, such as the Kohinoor Meals in Minutes Saag Aloo, and the Butter chicken curry!
Use a fork to separate the grains of rice when its cooked. This will keep the rice fluffy.