Using Salmon in curry is perfect for the warmer months for a lighter version of your favourite Indian dishes. Using Kohinoor’s Butter Chicken to create our Salmon Butter Masala ensures an easy time in the kitchen.
4 Salmon Fillets
1 Kohinoor Butter Chicken Cooking Sauce
1 onion, sliced
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 inch piece ginger, grated
1 lemon, sliced
1 bunch curry leaves
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp coriander seeds
2 tbsp oil
- Pre-heat oven to 180˚C
- In an oven-friendly pan, heat the oil and add the onion, garlic and ginger.
- Gently fry until the onions are soft. Add the mustard seeds and coriander seeds until they start to pop.
- Add the turmeric and 4-5 curry leaves, then cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the Kohinoor Butter Chicken Sauce and stir well. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the salmon fillets to the pan and gently spoon the sauce over the fillets until they’re covered.
- Add half the lemon slices under and around the salmon and bake for 15-20 minutes until the salmon is cooked.
- Serve with lots of black pepper, curry leaves, and fresh lemon.
Kohinoor Butter Chicken Cooking Sauce
A mild and rich blend of tomato, dry fenugreek and garlic