Our head of development Chef Navin Bhatia has created a fiery devilled prawn recipe, taking inspiration from traditional Sri Lankan cuisine. This simple recipe has been crafted to maximise the well balanced spices to give a hot burst of flavour.
KING PRAWNS, SHELLED IN DEVEINED – 500 GMS
CHILI POWDER – 3 TSP
TURMERIC PWD – 1/2 TSP
LIME JUICE – 2 TSP
COOKING OIL – 2 TBLS
GINGER PASTE – 1 TSP
GARLIC PASTE – 2 TSP
DICED RED ONIONS SLICED – 150 GMS
DICED RED AND GREEN BELL PEPPER – 100 GMS
DICED LEEKS – 100 GMS
DICED LONG GREEN PEPPERS – 50 GMS (OPTIONAL)
DICED GREEN CHILLIES – 20 GMS
DICED DRY RED CHILLI – 5 GMS
DICED TOMATO – 150 GMS
RED CHILLI FLAKES – 2 TSP
TOMATO KETCHUP – 4 TBLS
SOYA SAUCE – 2 TBLS
SALT – TO TASTE
- Clean the prawns and marinate with chili powder, turmeric powder and lime juice, keep for 15 minutes.
- Heat 1.5 tbls of oil in a thick bottom frying pan, when the oil is very hot, add the marinated prawns and sauté on high heat. When the prawns get coloured on both sides removed from pan.
- Add the remaining oil on the pan, add ginger and garlic pastes and fry lightly. Add the dry red chili and fry, add the diced onions, bell peppers, long green peppers, green chili and diced leeks.
- Add the cooked prawns as well and any liquid from the prawns.
- Mix well add the tomato ketchup, soya sauce and chili flakes, adjust seasoning if required.
- Add the diced tomato and stir fry on high heat, serve hot with boiled basmati rice.